1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Got my PTK kit today

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blkhors, Mar 9, 2004.

1. blkhors

Well after a much anticipated wait, I got my kit today. It's a PTK 4.6 kit for a 00GT.

Order was placed on 12/30 with 2000 hot coating and a boost controller. Keith was helpful in aswering any questions I had. As the kit was being made, I had called several times and Luke was very good at getting back to me when ever I'd leave a message.

The whole kit was packaged very proffesionally with alot of protection and it was needed as sometimes UPS doesn't read the "handle with care" part :)

The kits quality looks very well put together and the silver coating looks really good. I wish I had gotten the compressor polished as well but oh well.

Would I buy a kit from them again? - Based on customer service and product YES! But it would have to be in the winter months so even if it's late a couple of weeks, I wouldn't sweat over it.

I'll be installing it later this week and getting it tuned so stay tuned for more....

2. WALL

Did you go with the GT40 turbo? Also how much did it cost you total, if you don't mind me asking?

3. ShaneH

Great to hear that! Keep us posted with some pictures as you start to install it.

4. Snipe656

Quit kissing up to your sponsors :taunt:

blkhors, which GT40 turbo did you go with on it? Did you get the complete kit with the D&D suspension or opting for a different front suspension setup?

5. ShaneH

Aaron, I take offense to that. I reserve the right to kiss up to whomever I please. :stickpk:

6. Snipe656

I apologize for offending your over sensitive feelings.

7. Ackbar00

Good luck getting traction....:D

8. blkhors

sent ya a PM.

9. blkhors

I went with the .50 trim and with the complete kit with D&D.

10. blkhors

Some pics can been seen here but as soon as the install is complete I'll post more pics in this forum.

Finished with the suspension install today.

pics:
    http://forums.gtamc.com/showthread.php?t=5298

11. Snipe656

Do they come with the trans cooler? Is it for the trans or for the motor oil?

12. rao

It is the baby power steering cooler Hayden part #1009.

Mmmmm - corn flakes :)

What's with the French on the box? :rofl:

(Canadian, eh?)

13. Snipe656

Oh, when I read trans-cooler on the box I just assumed that is what it was :tard: Does it have to replace the factory power steering cooler?

14. blkhors

Yeah that threw me for a loop as well when we were mocking the intercooler. Didn't know where to route PS cooler until someone said - check what's in that Trans cooler box. Like rao mentioned - it's a baby PS intercooler.

I should mention couple of things we ran into:

1) Had to revert back to stock pulleys from steeda U/D pullies as the downpipe will not clear the steeda pulleys or T/A.
    2) In my case we will have to slighty move the ABS unit to clear the turbo.
    3) Will need offset rack bushings to clear one pipe.
    4) K-member needs to be notched a bit to clear the steering knuckle (as it's designed for a manual rack)
    5) Rad support on the passenger side had to notched as well to make room for the intercooler inlet pipe.

Other than that it should be easy sailing for the next couple of days (hopefully). I'll post some progress pics in my next post.

15. blkhors

So you picked up on the french labels...hehe. u pass the canadian test :D

16. blkhors

some mock up pics.

17. Snipe656

Do the instructions say that about the power steering cooler or was it just something to figure out? Seems like a lot of these Mod kits end up needing the offset rack bushings.

18. blkhors

It was not in the instructions but once u open the trans cooler box it pretty much clicks.

19. blkhors

20. papis408w

whats the "skid pad" bracing. Whatever it is it looks cool.