1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tim Huspen is THE man.

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by botietr, Jul 2, 2011.

1. botietr

Congrats on the R/U Tim.heard you went really fast..lol

2. blown385

Congrats Tim !!! :chacha:

3. furchaser

Link or something ... crap .. I thought we were all friends here ... lol

4. botietr

7.58 i believe .

5. PEARL MUSSIN

:eek: Come on Tim where you at?????? Maybe ill give him a call and see whats up. Holy shit!!!!!!

6. CutlassRacer

Congrats Tim!

7. Blown440sst

7.58 at 189 and I believe he backed that pass up with a 7.62 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Tim.........you the man!

8. Tims86-9.80

I would not say the man, just someone who is working hard at it. :stupid:

Friday was a awsome night of racing, it started out bad, had to pull the trans between 1st and 2nd round (still not sure how we made the call for 2nd round, they push you hard at Milan on Friday, to get the show in), pulled the pump and put a different pump in. The trans and converter were so hot, that when I pulled the coverter smoke was coming out of it!! :stupid: Made it for 2nd round, it blow the tires off, had one last shot at getting into the field in a good spot. Pulled back the tune up for 3rd round of qualifying, went 7.58 @ 189 with Jr Southwell in the lane next to me running 7.48 @ 190, good old dragrace, its awsome running nose to nose at those speeds. It was close to the strip since I was out of the hole first. After 3rd round Jr sat #1 and I was #2, with heavy hitters learking in the field, Bebee (Nitrous) running 7.60, Steve Morris running 190+, and the countires fastest IRS Vette, etc.... The rest of the night I left the tune up the same and it went 7.62 - 7.65 (or something like that) at 187 - 189 the rest of the night.

In the finals I had to run Dave Hinzman, a very tough racer. He had struggled a little with spinning, in the finals he made it hook and off he went to a 7.38 and I slowed due to my trans problem caming back. That being said I did not have a 7.38 in the tune, though I did turn it up, but the trans was not in for the long hall.

I have to thank my crew, Kevin, Rick, Bill, Joel and Joel Jr. When I said the hell with that trans (since I had just put it back in less then 10 hrs ago, since the week before exploding a 1.80 straight cut gear set) they said no way, we are here to race! Again we turned the car, including pulling the trans and pump in about 35- 40 min max. I am so glade I was able to pay them back by going rounds. I also need to thank my wife Angie for letting me do this, would not do this without her support. She had not seen me most of the week since I was building a trans and replacing head gaskets (gaskets had over 85 runs on them). Your only as good as your team and I have the best, along with the best support in the industy (see my sig)

I really wish this carb deal would work. :2thumbs:

9. eades5.0

Awesome man, congrats!!

-Chris

10. racesloth

Congrats Tim way to see it through...

11. ricky

congrats Tim :2thumbs:

12. candsspecialties

Congrats Tim! :2thumbs: :clap:

P.S.- I hope a carb finally works for you. :scratch: ;)