1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Good source for 12v switched on driverside OUTSIDE? anyone?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TurboNotch, Feb 1, 2004.

1. TurboNotch

mounted my mark viii fan outside on the driver side and need a good 12v switched source for it.. any ideas?

2. Jared Rude

Switched source for the control side of the relay, or the power side of the relay? For the control side switched source, I used the power wire on the windshield wiper motor. Simple to find, near the firewall if you want to run it inside to use an override switch (I use a modified rear defrogger switch under the hazard switch to kill the fan), and it's 12V ignition on and I dont think it has a fuse. That circuit doesn't supply anough current to start a Mark 8 fan though, it will only fire the control side of a relay.

3. TurboNotch

Just needs to be a 12 volt thats on when the cars running (I think) the aem runs switched to the otherside as a switched ground... 12v power is already run.. I need a source for 12v switched as seen here..

4. TurboNotch

anyone?