1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

good cruise AFR

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by jim wingo, Sep 20, 2009.

1. jim wingo

i jetted up for my pass @ Pass Time, now gonna get it ready for another 400 mile round trip to the fall ocean cruise
    i think i was around 13.5-13.8 for the most part before-how lean can i put it that might be safe, 14.5 or so :chacha:

2. allmotor65stang

I would keep the air fuel around 13.7--14.0..

3. brianj5600

It depends on the motor. Some can run close to 16:1.

4. 10secgoal

I go as lean as I can get without drivability issues.

5. Stroked-Z

My car never really liked anything above 14.0 cruise, even at that it didnt like. Always setup for about 13.3-13.4 & 40* at high vacuum

-Carm

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

How did it do on pass time? When can we expect it to air? :2thumbs:

FWIW most tune as close to 14.7:1 as they can without drivability issues.

7. jim wingo

maybe i'll try a little jetting this week and take some plug readings, the temps will be a little colder, so i'll have to take that into consideration
    the filming over 2 days was boring at times, mainly a whole bunch of down time-by the time my turn came up i was dead tired, lol
    its just a mild street car, but i have had some 10 sec passes, but never on a prepped track-after my interview, got in the car and did the burnout, pulled to the line, then hammered it-it doesnt 60' very good, but once the boost comes in, it takes off-in first gear it gets pretty violent, but usually spins a little, but this time it didnt, drove me back into the seat so hard it pulled my foot off the pedal, i had to jump back into it and get it straightened out, still got a 11.0 @ 122, but it was gonna be a real good 10 sec pass for sure, really wanted that on the scoreboard, so hope it doesnt look to stupid on TV, lol-a buddy said it didnt look bad, thought i just peddaled it a little, hope the camera they mounted inside doesnt have sound, lol-i kind of let then ask the questions, but Ken Herring picked up on the blower whine when i first pulled up, so i told him it had the D1SC-if you wonder why sometimes the guys running seem kind of in a fog, its because their dead tired from waiting, now i know
    i couldnt even tell you who the 2 consts. were, its like a blur-a lot of the guys had their cars turned up, you got one shot at it, unless like some the camera didnt work, they had to run again-wish that happened to me, i would have moved the seat all the way up, and knew what to expect-with the track conds., if i turned the boost up, i think a 10.2 was possible-would i do it again, hell ya, lol
    prob wont air for a few months, they dont tell you, but they were headed to Las Vages for some more filming

8. BlownShovel

X2 All are different. Mine will cruises near 16 but I've seen other combos surging below 15

Trial and error

9. eades5.0

Same here