1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Getting some fuel in my timed spark port

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by gobtool, Feb 9, 2007.

1. gobtool

Right now I'm using the timed spark port on the side of the metering block to supply a signal to my BRPV. I put a boost controller in line with the vacuum, line, and I noticed a little fuel on the boost controller. I unhooked it and found out that revving up the motor in neutral was causing fuel to come out of the port. I'm guessing that I have a bad metering block gasket. I'm running the good reusable ones, but I've took them on and off a lot to change jets. I ordered some new gaskets, but is there any other way fuel would get to this port? I checked my float height and it was right on.

2. Brent Davis

Make sure that the PV diaphram doesn't have a leak or hole in it. I've seen that before plus I use some of that 3M glue when putting the carb back together around areas that may be prone to leak fuel.

3. gobtool

Alright I'll check the diaphram. I remember reading that you use that 3m gasket glue on the PV gasket, but I haven't every tried it. I'll have to pick some of it up. Thanks for the help.