1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

EBOOST 'setpoints' in relation to actual boost? please input!

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by notch, Jun 4, 2005.

1. notch

I am just starting to dial in my EBoost controller, I am under the impression that 15 as a 'set point' does not mean 15PSI of boost, what are you guys running for set points, gate pressures, and sensitivity numbers?
    Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

2. TurboNova

The set point numbers have no relation to boost at all. They are PID numbers and you just have to play around with them to get what you want.

3. Enginerd

Start out with your set point number low (like 10) and your sensitivity at 10. Put gate pressure a few pounds under what you want max boost to be. Drive the car and see how much boost it makes with the set point at that number. If boost is lower than desired, just up your set point number until you get what you want. Once you get the boost set where you want, you can play with gate pressure and sensitivity to speed up spool time.

Rob

4. notch

Thanks guys,
    I have the set point on 14 right now and I am still not making 14 psi, so I am wondering if I am even in the ballpark, or is the set point '30' like 15 actual psi? I want to get close without going from set point 10 to 30 or whatever 1 set point at a time.
    I'll keep tinkering, what did you guys have for set points and what was the correlating PSI? (I know they will differ from car to car)
    Thanks again for your time!

5. TurboNova

The set point number does not correlate at all to the boost number you will make. Just keep raising the set point number until you reach the boost you want. Every car is different because of combos waste gates ect... a set point of 14 might get you 4 or might get you 30 it all depends on your combo. I had my set point at 16 and got 25 psi.

6. Enginerd

I get 16 psi with a set point of 55.

Rob

7. notch

Wow, that is quite a variation, I guess I will just have to creep up on it, Thanks again!

bridal-shoal