1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

The best hair on the web!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by TwoFastT3s, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TwoFastT3s

Caught this on the dash cam Saturday night, enjoy! :laughhard:

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Looks like Billy Ray Cyrus time warped from the early 1990s!

3. stangman9897

Dash cam, :headscratch:

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I run a dash cam all the time. For one thing, in my state 1/3rd of drivers are not insured.

5. stangman9897

So what if they rear end you or do you have one in the rear also.

6. ewoogy

Need to put one on the roof that goes round and round to catch everything. Might get dizzy watching the video though lol.

7. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Have 3 actually... and uninsured drivers isn't the only reason.

One faces the front, the other the back... and the last faces whoever is looking at me while standing outside my driver's door. Hint: authority figure.

8. slowboat

The most awesome part of that is he gets in a mustang.

9. stangman9897

Sounds a tad extreme to me. I have insurance that covers me no matter if the other person has it or not ( uninsured motorist ) I had one run me off a 40' overpass and everything was covered and they never caught them. I wish they would have that way i could have gotten there address and payed them a visit to thank them for the free airfare.

10. ronlp

Since my people skills aren't the best I would've been out calling him a lazy cocksucker for not putting the cart in the proper place.....especially since he first tried leaving between two cars. I go off on people for that regularly.....and since it's usually fat people that do it, you can imagine the dialog. :smiley: I'm usually in a company vehicle and can't really get into it with people, so when the weekend comes, I make up for all that frustration everywhere I can.

One day my wife came out to find some slob leaving a cart dangerously close to the bmw, and proceeded to wait till said slob wedged herself into her own shitty car, then took the cart and put it in back of her car so she couldn't back out. I've trained her too well, lmao.

Btw, you dashcam people are as paranoid as the Russians. :grin:

11. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Depends on what you consider extreme when it comes to protecting your civil rights. As I noted, uninsured drivers isn't the only reason. I bought them initially due to a product I'm developing which I needed to record events as they happened from more than one direction. So it was natural to put them to other uses.

Aside from uninsured drivers....

1. There are fraudsters.
    2. I don't want to ever end up in a situation where a cop does something dishonest and I have no evidence. I believe the majority of cops are honest... but once you've run into one who isn't (I had this happen) your perspective changes as to protecting yourself. Not going to let that jade me against all cops, but if it ever happens again it's gonna cost him, not me.
    3. One camera is hidden and provides evidence should someone ever break into my vehicle (it has a lot of gadgets making it a tempting target).

12. Hemann

Ken, Do all the camera's have one storage space?

13. Disney Lincoln

best reason EVER to have a dash cam. That would have been an awesome video!!!!! I'd still be watching it!

14. TTF/Ken Staff Member

If you mean are they all setup on a single system like an in-car DVR, no they aren't.

15. PrecisionTurboMustang

In Maryland it is illegal to film police officers. True story.

16. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Hasn't been like that for a couple of years. The wiretapping case against the motorcyclist... the driver won.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/09/motorcyclist_wins_taping_case.html

Precedent in favor of citizens was established by that case.

SCOTUS also ruled on a similar case from Illinois:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ibit-taping-of-police-20121126,0,686331.story

Since both cases the Justice Department has issued documents outlining the right to video police nationwide.
    http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/t..._states_letter_re_photography_5_14_2012_0.pdf
    http://images.politico.com/global/2013/03/08/garcia_doj_soi_03-04-13.html
    Both are documents are in response to what happened in Maryland.

Any cop denying someone the right to record these days is on shaky legal ground, risking a lawsuit.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  17. 32V

^^^
    wondering how they inforce it? Everyone gots a camera phone. Seems like every time I look around a car wreck scene someone has a damn camera on us... I HATE BEING ON CAMERA!!!

18. PrecisionTurboMustang

Thanks Ken that is good to know.

19. TTF/Ken Staff Member

You're welcome. I keep track of stuff like that, due to a product I'm developing for vehicles (not a camera system). Hope to reveal some info about that soon.

20. stangman9897

I raise your Weird Al video one , lol take note to 1.57 in the vid.