1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ok, what the hell is Ackbar up to now.....

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Ackbar00, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Ackbar00

Well, time for my build thread here. Lots planned for this year as my company and my wife were nice to me over the winter :chacha:

UPR K-Member and A-Arms
    Replaced the brake rotors - Drilled/Slotted Ebay specials
    cleaned up some wiring

Putting in a McLeod RXT twin disk - Well, not really. Went with a SPEC 5.

Oh yeah, adding a GT4202. Errr, Ill talk about the twins later...

I wanted to put in an AOD this year, but I just could not find anything I could afford. I got the RXT for a good price, so as long as the combo stays together this year, Ill look into selling the TKO-600 and get an AOD next winter. Just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Goals? Still about the same, would like to keep it in the 600-700 RWHP area. I think I can do that on 10 psi or less don't you? ;) Maybe see a 10.50@140.

I got some pics at home, and will get them posted up here soon enough.

2. racesloth

good on you - I was wondering what you have been up to...

3. Ackbar00

So here are the brake rotors. They are just an EBay brand. I had used them before when i was still 4 lug and they held up well. Its a little hard to tell in the pic, but the ones I was using were HAMMERED. I guess 130 trap speeds will do that :D

DSC00661.JPG #ad

DSC00655.JPG #ad

DSC00654.JPG #ad

4. Ackbar00

Here are the twins. It is an older model T-70, but it should float the bill nicely. And a shot of the ponydown kit.

DSC00658.JPG #ad

DSC00659.JPG #ad

DSC00651.JPG #ad

5. Ackbar00

The K-Member is allready in the car. It is the ONE thing I have got done over this winter.

DSC00640.JPG #ad

DSC00644.JPG #ad

DSC00645.JPG #ad

DSC00650.JPG #ad

DSC00649.JPG #ad

DSC00656.JPG #ad

6. Ackbar00

The 408 is ready to go back in. I broke the dizzy gear in it at the end of last year. (Wrong gear type for cam :doh: ). So I pulled the oil pan and cleaned up that mess. While I was at it, I replaced the intake gasket because it was leaking. I used some of that "right stuff" along with a 1262 R, should be good to go now. Hopefully, I will get it back in the car this weekend.

The plan, is to tie the new turbo into the exsisting cold side. Run the pipe down, turn accross the radiator support, and tie into the pipe shown here.

DSC00662.JPG #ad

DSC00663.JPG #ad

7. killacal

[​IMG]#ad

Subscribing

8. ThomasWPT

Your engine is going to thank you big time now that you're going to let it breathe. Cheers.

9. sn 95guy

hey paul i have my aode in my car if you wanted to try that route lol i wanted to do a 5 speed swap lol..

10. 5.0calypso93lx

I won't tell anyone haha. Jeff is good too, I told him I was going to buy your old setup and he acted like he didn't know anything about this new TT setup :angel:

11. PEARL MUSSIN

Cool project... Should run good when done!!

Jeremy

12. Ackbar00

New setup? No, I am uhhhhh, putting spray on my car this year.... Yeah, thats it!

I dont mind it getting out anymore. I'll post on some pics on CSS/SRD once it is a little more together.

13. Hemann

What type dizzy gear broke on you?

14. Ackbar00

I put a stock autozone one in it from a 1990 Bronco last year. My cam needed a steel gear and the reman one had a cast on it. Less than 200 miles later..... Gear is broke.

15. Ackbar00

Ok, In typical Ackbar fashion, I am ummm, not going twins. Some problems arose in making it work with my car and I chose not to run that kit. Working with Jeff at Ponydown, we came up with something that would work for this GT4202 I had. So he made me a new kit. Had to do some cutting, but everything is coming along. I am now taking to a local builder (http://www.myspace.com/bmfracecars) to get the rest of the kit built. He will be taking care of the downpipe, one cold side and a few odds and ends.

DSC00705.JPG #ad

DSC00706.JPG #ad

DSC00708.JPG #ad

DSC00704.JPG #ad

16. Ackbar00

17. GTTURBO88

Looks great Paul.

18. 5.0calypso93lx

Is the GT4202 still a T4 flanged turbo? Was all that cutting really necessary? Those look like the bseries headers and that's what I was planning on going with as well. I am not willing to cut my inner fenders like that though.

Also, any chance you can get better pictures of the flange on the passenger side to show how close it is to the frame rail? I'm guessing mine will be about 3/4" lower with the drop K. That's a standard height UPR k member right?

19. LS1BLKSS

coming along nicely :2thumbs:

20. bgjohnson

FOund this

"Optional turbine housings include your choice of two (2) different turbine inlet flange designs (standard T4 or larger T6 (diesel) flange) and four (4) different turbine housing A/R ratios. "

They have a pretty massive range of what can be ordered. I think it's price pretty damned good for that big of a turbo though.