1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quicksilver (Randy) goes 8.44@161 MPH

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Brent Davis, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Brent Davis

Randy just called me and he just ran a

1.33 60'
    5.45@132 1/8th mile
    8.44@161 1/4tr mile

This is with the 427 motor and S400-80mm turbo at 19 psi of boost and 26 degrees total. His AFR was 11.4 down the track with a modded 850 DP carb using dual BRPV's, 75/75 jetting and regular EV bonnet.

I am sure he will come here and tell more of the story but since converting to blow-thru from nitrous, he is now 3/10th faster and over 10 MPH using the blow-thru system :chacha:.

When we were getting off the phone, he said that he was going to put a tad more timing in and also a touch more boost so I will wait for him to call me back with more updates.

2. Tims86-9.80

I don't know the total combination but I think it will run better with some more timing.

3. TTAWD

Does the S480 have a race cover?

4. stock lx

intercooled? if so air to air or air to water?

5. Stroked-Z

IN-CREDIBLE!

Randy & Brent, you guys got that $hit figured OUT, PERIOD!

-Carm

6. Brent Davis

427, AFR heads, S400-80mm turbo, my modded 850 carb, and I am like you Tim that it would make more power with more timing.

I am not sure which cover it is. He will let you know though.

not sure but I wanna say it's an air-to-air intercooler though.

LOL, man it was you and RICK(mostly) that helped me get alot of bugs ironed out.

7. Tims86-9.80

Those are awsome numbers.

I think I might come in out of the cold and retire, with guys running as good as they are, I should just keep my shit in the garage and make a flower pot out ot if. LOL

8. Brent Davis

LMAO at you. Your shit should run 7.40's right off the bat without TUNING :chacha:. Post some fugggin pictures of the damn car man no matta what it looks like. :doh:

9. NITROUSKINGZ

just got back from the track.....met randy and his wife great people!!!! okay now i gotta spill the beans, randys car is a sleeper in every aspect! if he didnt have the parachute you wouldnt have a clue its that fast. he was running 19lbs and 26degrees of timing and it ran that number! props to brent for making a killer carb ;) that thing started up and drove around like a stocker! anyway i gotta get some sleep left work yesterday drove through the nite and been up the whole time :stupid: later.....

10. NIL8GM

Glad to help out Brent :doh:

Randy, that Machine is flat out flying!!!!! You are giving me something to shoot for when I get back out next season!! :2thumbs:

Rick

11. Brent Davis

Thanks Mr. R&D :cheers: :bow:. I need to holla at you later too.

12. quicksilver

Hey thanks to all (especially Brent )Without the board i would still be filling the blue bottles lol.I cant believe the car is flat out flying,small block Canfield heads,Small h.r Cammotion cam,and air to air intercooler,I wanted to add more boost but because of the packed track i only had 1 run ,It was also nice to meet Alex,cool guy to hang with,also and X nitrous guy.lol... Man Brent the carb is great,a/f 11.2-11.4 the whole run,and the carb is crisp,nice throttle response and clean as hell,12.6-12.8 a/f idle, i want to do a track rental so i can get more out of it.Any one interested in doing something let me know hell ill travel..

13. FourEyedFord

Awesome, nice work!!! :2thumbs:

14. dmracing0220

How does this turbo spool? I was going to put one on a 388 ls motor.

15. quicksilver

On my engine and with Brents Carb it spools fast but i bring in the brpv"s @ 4200 rpm and go againsted the brake @ 4000 rpm so im not turning on the boost ref powervalves untill i reach aroung 8 lbs of boost I posted the video look for the other post in the carbination lounge..when the car hits the 2 step its getting fuel.