1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

EV14 injectors in a fox?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by bgjohnson, Apr 14, 2013.

1. bgjohnson

I have researched for at least 5 hours on this. Came up with nothing, nobody can answer this. EV14 injectors come in three sizes, 60mm is the size I need with a 14mm Oring.

Can I use an EV14 style injector on my 89 mustang with JUST a harness adapter? Or will they not fit at all?

I hear their idle and part throttle qualities are unmatched by a EV1 or EV6 style injectors.

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

If you get the same length why wouldn't they work?

3. bgjohnson

That's my thought. I read the bottom part of the solenoid is really fat, didn't know if it would cause interference.

There are so many knock off's it's hard to know where to even start. But I think I finally found a genuine Bosch injector 1000cc, just going to order those with the harness adapters. I'll report back if there are any issues.

4. PrecisionTurboMustang

On other cars I have had to adjust fuel rails and sometimes do a little grindng for clearance but I have always been able to make what I had work. This was usually on 4.bangers though.