1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Gen 3, Lq4, 317 heads, Single Turbo

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Woodpile Racing, May 19, 2019.

1. Woodpile Racing

I have the Lq4 with 137000 miles. I would like to put it in my 95 Caprice. Im a old school guy. SBC an BBC. Know just enough to be dangerous. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to get around 650, 750 hp and drive it every day. I drive this old think about 30,000 thousand miles a year. What Im thinking about doing may not be possible. Looking at Holley Terminator X for ECM. Maybe a VS turbo, Hooker manifolds with the crossover pipe. Thanks

06turbofusion likes this.
  2. Bad Medicine Racing

You are on the right track with those parts. With decent fuel you should be able to make those numbers with no problems.

3. Mnlx

Making that hp isn't an issue, but many have rod or piston issues at some point, and with way less than 30k miles a year. If you're looking for reliability like that, I would seriously look at rods and pistons, especially in a gen 3 engine. I also don't know that the VS stuff has been tested to that sort of mileage, and a Genuine BW turbo is only a couple hundred more in most cases.

4. Disney Lincoln

All sounds good except, why would you want that much HP in a daily driver Caprice? You got 325 DRs on it? It would be useless and you'd get smoked by a 300whp Foxbody.

5. tacos4life

Hellcat has a little over 700hp and 275/40R20 tires.. Still super fun to drive

I don’t car if I had 7 inch wide tires, and 2800hp, still a blast to cruise that puppy around the local shows and cruise sites

6. Woodpile Racing

I know, but it would be fun trying.