1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel system Camaro

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Z28thateat, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Z28thateat

Hello you have to excuse my bad English, I'm from Sweden and only use English for car stuff.
    I have a 84 Camaro and I'm building a new fuel system. I'm building a new intank fuel pump and level sender and need too know what pump to use. The rest of the system consist of 12mm steel pipes, an aeromotive A1000 and returne regulator feeding a Holley 650.

2. 91turboterror

How much hp are you looking to make?

3. Z28thateat

400-450 n\a and like 650-700 when I putt the turbo on it. Butt I plan on building a dart 350 in the future and 900 hp.

It's a 355 l98 block and crank, scat
    h-beam rodds, wiseco forged pistons, main girdle, comp cams xr288hr, jegs alu head's, MLS head gaskets, 1.57 ratio roller rockers, trickflow 2-plane intake and a milled Holley 650.

Cr is 9.5.

4. 91turboterror

The dual plane is ta great idea for turbo applications. You want a single plane. An a1000 should be good to 1200 hp

5. Z28thateat

I have a Holley strip dominator for the future butt I'm going to run it n\a for a year or two.

I bought the pump really cheep like 100$ is it too big or will the regulator be able to handle it?

Do you think I need a lift pump or can the pump suck upp the pipe in the tank?

6. tbird

An a1000 mounted in the tank should work fine.
    It will not function correctly mounted externally trying to pull fuel from the tank. The pump needs a large volume gravity feed.
    I cant answer if an in tank pump would help to get fuel to the a1000. I believe the in tank pump would become the restriction. If it flowed enough to feed the a1000 there would be no need for the a1000.

The return style reg. should work fine for NA.

Z28thateat likes this.
  7. Z28thateat

Can't gett the a1000 in the tank the hole is to small. I didn't think about it butt you are right about the restriction. I'm probably going to put a AN fitting in the rear of the tank and go gravity fed.

What do you think of my power goals for NA Possible or dreams?

Thanks for the help :arco:

8. tbird

All power goals are possible.

Keep the pump behind and level or below the tank. If mounted to the side of tank keep it with in 6 inches of the rear of tank.
    These specs will keep the pump functioning properly with long life.

Z28thateat likes this.
  9. Z28thateat

I will pull the tank and ad a weld on sump and weld studds to the sump and mount the pump level with the outlett.

Thank you for the help. This is my first real project car so don't know much. Next after this car is an Ford Taunus from 73. It's gonna bee a strictly drag car with a 450+cui and lots of nitrous so this is a good practice car before the real deal.