1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Divided AR/Twinscroll, single wastegate?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by I6CJ7, Nov 20, 2021.

1. I6CJ7

401" V8, single turbo, was thinking of running a single 50 or 60mm wastegate off the divided housing, low boost 10psi or less. But would that defeat the purpose/benefit of the divided housing? Or would it not make any difference?

2. B E N

It will still work, you can divide the gate inlet to match the housing, once it opens the division goes away but you no longer care. Sort of like this guy did:
    [​IMG]#ad

With that many cubes and descent power output you might be better off just running a gate per bank.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  3. I6CJ7

Could i use two pipe tee's? I'd put the wastegates on the ends, for 100% priority. Then with the 90° middle fitting on the tee, going to the hot side.

To me this would be equal to having the wastegates welded directly on the housing.

4. B E N

You can do that, and it should work well. . You don't have to use the twin scroll function at all if you don't want to, just makes things spool faster.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  5. I6CJ7

Right on, definitely lookin for the faster spool. But fitting twin 44 gates is proving to be a chore