1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel pressure storage tank

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by half-fast, Dec 15, 2014.

1. half-fast

might already exist but i don't think i'm talking about a surge tank. More like a tank with a bladder with air or nitrogen pressure on the other side like a well water pump to a pressure tank type deal on a house. That way say a single 255 pump could supply enough volume to support big horse power but the trade off being it would take say a couple seconds after a full pull to recharge the pressure tank. OR am i completely screwed up and its just monday morning thinking and want to get the out of here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Boost Engineer

Way too complicated and most EFI pumps are pretty cheap. Ford has put 3 of the 255 liter pumps in a gas tank opening and has made well over 1000 HP with basically production fuel pumps.

Tom V.

3. half-fast

so quit getting bored at work got it, buuuuuuuut would it work? lol i would imagine it would be easy and cheap to manufacture and a single factory intank pump would effectively capable of 1000 hp with the right tank

4. Strictly Attitude

even if it did work to much room for error loss of fuel=lean=detonation=expensive pile of scrap metal

5. half-fast

lol no different than if a fuel pump chit the bed at full throttle, or regulator spring screws up or a diaphragm breaks, had a relay over heat this summer and damn near wipe out my motor, its all a risk. You can also have safe guards if the pressure ever dropped below a number. But if you know you had your pressure tank full of say 1 gallon at 80 psi you at least know going into that pull that your motor will have enough fuel.

they use these in hydraulics as well, just ideas guys, i use a blow through edelbrock carb of course im a stubborn guy haha

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  6. BreakDancer

Brooo, dat idiea be soooo knarly... 'Merica!!