1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Will the fast ez efi 2.0 ???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by jaywill, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jaywill

Work good with a turbo set up ???

2. Briansshop

3. jaywill

4. vwdave

I would be worried for potential lack of fueling as it only has 4 injectors. I could be wrong though.

5. jaywill

I was thinking that also... The EZ efi 2.0 have eight injectors I believe that would be better...

6. jaywill

Just found out neither one is for blow through set ups...damn

7. Briansshop

I don't get it. So the the Holley only works in a boosted app if the throttle body is on top of a supercharger?

8. 91turboterror

Boost with a sc is linear while a turbo isn't that might be the reason Holley won't work for a turbo?

9. Matt Cramer

You'd probably be better off loading the HP unit's firmware to the Holly if you went that route; I wouldn't fully trust self learning behavior alone on a turbo motor and would be much more comfortable with being able to access the tables through a laptop.

The EZ-EFI doesn't offer that option, while Holley does.

10. jfive

The holley can work but you need to upgrade to Holley Hp ecm. I called them about it allready. The professional products and MSD systems are setup for a turbo up to 15lbs of boost and 550hp. Theres a universal system on summit that you could use megasquirt or microsquirt to run I bet.

11. vwdave

Referring to a XFI 2.0, there is a window you set up when it comes to self tuning. I personally wouldnt trust the car going into boost or idling with self tuning turned on. Basically Im afraid of it not responding fast enough at acceleration and responding too fast for idle.

12. Matt Cramer

The EZ-EFI has just a few settings about the engine that you enter (none of which includes boost) and zero access to the fuel tables, unless they've changed things significantly.