1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

WTF..Eboost2 or ? issues

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by KEVINS, Aug 30, 2014.

1. KEVINS

I'm really beginning to hate this controller.

I purchased the car with an EB2 controller which has been programmed with 4 boost settings and the last time I went out it worked fine on SP4 (20psi) but I go out today and I can only get 10psi no matter what setting (SP#) I use.

If the Eboost does not sense vacuum/boost will the car over boost or not make any boost except wastegate spring pressure?

1. When I first turn the car on the gauge reads -10. What is this reading? If this is vacuum then it doesn't match the boost/vacuum gauge on the steering column which reads -15. They are Tee'd into each other so should read the same if they are both accurate.

2. ALL the boost lines are zip tied.

3. I verified that the settings on SP4 still match the settings when I bought the car so these have not changed.

4. If I did it correctly I set the EB2 controller to log the highest boost reading it would sense but it didn't read anything.

5. I remember having this same issue a while back and it was as if the controller wasn't cleared or was in the middle of a different menu so it was defaulting to SP1 or the gate pressure (10psi). Turning on/off the key did not fix it. After a few days I ended up just pushing a lot of buttons not knowing what I was doing and it automatically fixed its self and has been fine up until now.

Does turning the key on/off set the controller to the default setting so I can choose the SP# I want to run?

Please help...:ambivalence:
    ks

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. KEVINS

AAARRRGGGG... Now it's working.... What a POS..

ks

3. KEVINS

AAARRGGG...This FUGN POS!

Now it's over boosting on ALL SP# settings and I haven't changed anything. It's like it's not monitoring the boost at all b/c it's going waaayyy past the 20psi that my boost gauge reads and the Over Boost setting is set at 20psi.

ks

4. KEVINS

After all the issues I discovered that the boost line going to the gauge was pinched right at the back of the gauge..