1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

60mm HKS vs 60MM HKS lookalike??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Dynodaddy, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Dynodaddy

2. Ackbar00

Build quality? But shit, for $400 savings....

3. mfpmax

Most likely the quality of the material the items are made of. Someone on a Turbo Volvo forum recently posted one of the Tial knock off valves going to the crapper and showed pictures of the wastegate diaphram totally ripped up.

Also warrenty i'm sure. SSAutochrome has issues with giving you warrenty help to "some" customers.

HKS, you're paying for a better product...then another $150-200 for their name.:D

4. Dynodaddy

I know the difference between the HKS 60mm and HKS 60mm-2 are size and weight.

One weights 2300 grams while the latter weights in a 1503 grams and is physically smaller.

THe heavier unit can be purchased for 575 while the newer unit is 775. Anyone know where to get a better price on the true newer HKS unit?

5. JZ 97 SS 1500

Autochrome sells nothing but junk. Check out some other message boards and see what the quality is. They are chinese knock-offs.

Jose

6. JZ 97 SS 1500

BTW, we have had several of their knock off master Power units come in. They we complete unbalanced garbage. Hate to see you guys spend your hard earned money on junk like that. But that is your choice....

7. Dynodaddy

Thanks for you imput Jose, that is what I expected you to say. I think a dual 42-46 liek we talked about is a better solution due to the piping arrangement and constraints.

8. mfpmax

Yup, toss on some Dual Tial 44s or something.

9. JZ 97 SS 1500

Dyno, yeah the dual progates is the best choice. Tons of flow and multiple spring pressures help.

Jose