1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST XFI 2.0 - new features

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mtpturbo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. mtpturbo

FAST has made some nice (and some long overdue) upgrades to the XFI including improved boost control, and VE table "self tuning"

I've got a pdf with more details posted here: http://www.efisupply.com/xfi2pt0.pdf

2. Injected65

Is this a firmware "flash" upgrade or something the box needs sent in to upgrade? I'm wondering if this would be a worth while upgrade to Ryan's box.

Chris

3. mtpturbo

It is a flash upgrade. I haven't gotten an official price yet but it is likely to be $100 or less..

4. Hemann

Looks like some nice new features. I would like to see more of the boost control.

5. TurboNova

I got some of the beta stuff and it is looking really cool. I will have a full copy of the software before PRI in Orlando. You will see some official prices and sales to start after PRI. It will be a self reflash also. I too have heard somewhere around $100 but we will see. There are some cool features. I was able to get them to add the injector opening time vs battery voltage table.

6. Briansshop

I like.

7. mtpturbo

FYI,

$50 for a firmware upgrade file and $100 if you want to send the ECU for a new enclosure also..

8. Blak92

Resonable enough to me for not having to keep pressing "L" while trying to keep an eyeball on the o2 corr% and the road, and shift gears.

9. TurboNova

I have been told by the guys at FAST that if you bought your XFI after Dec 2009 the firmware upgrade is free. If you want the enclosure I am sure there is still a cost.

10. TurboDakota440

so this means I can send in and older XFI box and have it upgraded ? I think I have to do this ! :cheers:

11. Otto J

you wont be required to send in your box,it can be done with an email.

12. TurboDakota440

In the past, i had tried over and over to do a flash update and it would never work. I'm sending it in while the vehicle is getting a major rework.

13. TurboNova

Flashing is easy. Ground the flash wire then key on, the click on File>flash XFI ECU. It will load the firmware. Then key off the ignition until the FAST ecu powers down, unground the flash wire, and key back on. Done.

14. TurboNova

Had a chance to play around with the software yesterday on my laptop. They gave me a almost finished copy for the XFI training class I thought at PRI. All I got to say is wow.. there are some cool things that didn't make it into the flyer.

One big one is, the O2 closed loop correction will turn off when the ECU sees it's on one of the rev limits then will turn back on after launch. So the O2 correction will be interrupted while on the trans break. Way cool, no more running the car in open loop until after launch. For boosted cars: the fixed timing, fixed VE and fixed A/F will be nice for while on the trans break.

The now two rev limiters have a whole bunch of options and you can set priorities so if both are active which one is the rev limiter that is used.

The timed based boost controller works much like the AMS 1000, will work with CO2 and can run in closed loop.

Another big one is the arm switch for the datalogger can now be separate from the PA tables.
    The Power Adder target A/F can either be a fixed number, still go off the closed loop table or just be in open loop. So now the Power adder stages can really be effective as a anti lag or boost builder.

I am busy building the injector opening time correction tables for the most common injectors. I hope to get that out to FAST so they can include it with the update too.

15. TurboDakota440

Brain, that's how it's supposed to work but in my case it never did. I was never able to successfully update even after spending some quality time on the phone with a tech at FAST while attempting to flash.

16. mtpturbo

Lance spent some time showing me the new stuff at PRI and there are also some other new features that I think are going to be very popular. It is good to see them hard at work on refining the product and making it available to their existing customer base..

17. 89 Saleen

Brian, I see you are an efi university instructor. Are there going to be any xfi training dates on the east coast besides pri. I am in nc and it would be nice to have something around here are up in va.

18. Briansshop

X2, very interested also.

19. TurboNova

I had a meeting with FAST just a couple days ago. They plan on having another XFI class at PRI, Memphis, somewhere Midwest and NE also maybe Texas.

We are also talking about having a XFI advanced class in Memphis, talk is to have a two day class with the first day on the Dyno/class second day at the track.

20. 89 Saleen

Please keep us up to date. I would need to take off work a few days for travel and such to attend. Thanks for the info.

Bill Vaughan