1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

management options for 4.6 2v turbo

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ask52, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ask52

Just finishing up a rear mount turbo setup in my 60's f100. The chassis is a complete 2004 crown vic p71 interceptor with the 4.6 2v pi motor, used the stock harness and ecu, drove the truck all last summer (non turbo) with out issue (Its just a beater/rad rod).

I've been searching out tuning options for the truck, I really wanted to order the hp tuners software as I have a lm7 sitting in the garage for the truck, still need to source out a transmission and just dont have the time right now to do the swap. Is there anything out there that will do both motors? checked efi live and that was a no go either. Or is there a basic piggy back system that can be used on the 4.6? I dont want to invest much for the tuning of the 4.6 unless it can be used on the 5.3 as I dont plan on keeping the ford motor long term.

Thanks!

2. supedstang

megasquirt can be used on both. I think efi systems makes a pms piggyback for the 4.6 but its twice the price of megasquirt.