1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Water/Meth Nozzle Sizing

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by Just Jim, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Just Jim

I have two spray nozzles,175ml/min and 375 ml/min. Which size is best for a carbed blow thru 2.3L 4 banger running about 20psi boost? The nozzle is mounted in the carb hat before the vent tube extension.(Holley 350 2 barrel.)Hobbs switch set to come on at 10psi.

How is it determined how much water/meth injection is too much or too little?Will the motor miss/bog with too much or ping/detonate with too little?

2. Chuck L

Who's system? [We use ONLY Alky Control kits]:encouragement:
    Modulated alky pump?
    Op psi?
    Pump gas?
    100% alky, or a mix?
    Too much, and the engine will be sluggish. Too little, and it could be DOTC time!:sad: The engine build,the tune, the fuel used, all figure into the equation. I'd start w/ the smaller nozzle.
    At idle, warmed up, the engine should bog when you hit the test button. [Assuming you have 1].
    If you are on pump gas, I'd sure as hell not start w/ 20# boost, until you get close to optimum w/ the alky, timing.:ahah:
    Keep a CLOSE eye on the plugs!

3. Just Jim

It's a Snow kit running 50/50 water/meth with pump gas.Not sure what the pump pressure is,whatever Snow has it set at.The 20psi boost isn't a starting point only a projected future max boost number.The motor does bog when the test button is pushed and I'm starting out with the smaller nozzle.
    What's "DOTC" ?

4. Chuck L

DOTC = drive over the crank..:cheers: