1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Intercool piping ?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by slow5.0.1985, Mar 26, 2010.

1. slow5.0.1985

Does anyone know where in Ontario I can get some piping to make a intercooler set up for my supercharger?
    For my 1985 mustang GT.How big of pipe will I need and how much will I need?
    So any Ideas or places that sell kits would be great.
    If you have pictures of your kit you build post them for I can see thanks.
    Beau

2. slow5.0.1985

Wow No one knows ?

3. droopy

what size is the discharge on your blower?
    are you wanting to do mild steel, or aluminum charge piping?
    are you going with an air to water intercooler, or an air to air?
    im not in ontario, but i just got all my piping from RPS. good quality, good shipping, nice guys, and they are a site sponsor. it cost a bit in shipping to new brunswick, but it still worked out a lot better than getting it locally.

4. slow5.0.1985

Doing a Air to Air all aluminum charge pipe Its alot better for air movement. a the discharge size is 3"
    thanks
    Beau

5. 04mx

6. slow5.0.1985

I know procharger is a good company but are there intercoolers worth the money?

7. blown385

I personally think they are over priced .

8. rwon

Definitely overpriced..

9. THEBIGT

I have read that 2.5 inch piping is good to 700hp after that go to 3 inch. A little hint that I wish someone had told me is get the ends of the pipes welded to each other or have them rolled so you don't blow off the rubber boots that hold the pipe together every time you let off the throttle.