1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel and MAF question

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 5literttop, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 5literttop

Hello, I have decided to turbo the mustang again. This time around I am doing it a bit different. I recently bought a turbo from VS Racing and its on route to me now. My car is speed density and when I turboed the car the first time I used an FMU for more fuel. I have purchased the maf conversion from fiveologyracing.com and am going to install that and make sure the car runs before doing anything. Here is my first question, do I still need to use the FMU to make sure there is enough fuel or will the new computer handle all of that? I ordered a maf calibrated for 24lb injectors and injectors to match. I was also aiming to get an MSD Programmable Digital 6AL-2 and get everything to read boost to adjust the timing.

Details of my set up:
    MP T70 turbo(prev turbo was a MP 60-1)
    wastegate I have is a 38mm tial with a 6psi spring
    stock heads and bottom end with a 70mm TB and cobra intake
    FMIC with 2.5" charges pipes to the MAF
    255 an hour in tank fuel pump

My second question, I have the option to change the MAF conversion purchase as nothing has been finalized. Will a 73 mm with 24lb injectors work for this set up? or will I need a different MAF? bigger injectors? Here is a link to what I purchased:

http://www.shop.fiveologyracing.com/73mm-24lb-Mustang-Mass-Air-Conversion-MAF7324M.htm

Thanks for all the help and I hope I never rambled too much.
    Fred

2. MY 93 GT

I myself am going with a set of 42lb injectors and a Abaco 97mm maf sensor...i think 24lbs are a little small i might be worng tho...

3. xr8 5.0

yeh 24lb injectors are way to small for a boosted engine they are more suited to a mild N/A setup, you would max them out at app 300rwhp boosted, get some 38's or 42's and the right Maf it will save you bying thing twice.

4. 5literttop

Thank you for the reply's.

So if I got the MAF calibrated for 42 and injectors to match, I would not need the FMU? The new computer would handle all the fuel?

And this MAF will work with a turbo set up?