1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Frozenboost.com Type 118 heat exchanger.

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Turbohwagon, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Turbohwagon

So i ordered a Type 118 heat exchanger from frozenboost.com, and i was kind nervous because it seemed like it might be too good to be true for only 150 bucks +shipping. It was packaged very well, in a box, that was inside of a bigger box full of packing peanuts. When i removed it, i noticed how heavy it was, noticed it was painted silver and began swearing my ass off because i thought it was made out of steel. I was asking myself who the fuck builds a heat exchanger out of steel!?!?

But then i tried sticking a magnet to it, and it doesn't stick, its definately aluminum and WOW this thing is indestuctable! Even the fins are damn strong, I'm quite impressed with the quality, the tanks on this thing are absolutely BULLET PROOF. I can't wait to see how well it works, i'll update with results. :D

2. 1968turbostang

you have any feedback on this? i've been thinking about this site not sure if i want to order anything from them. something doesnt seem right about that web site...

3. Turbohwagon

So far so good. Seems to be a good unit, definately heavy duty.

4. V8Astro

I've ordered things like silicone couplers and reducers, t-bolt clamps, v-bands from them. The v-band clamps are def lower quality but they seem to work

5. FSTMRFR

anyone use the V-band couplers or the AllFlow Non Catalytic Converter, Stainless Steel - 3"

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...d=320&osCsid=60c5d34a027595c8bd531aaa60f399e0

that shit is SICK!!! perfect idea, and cheap to boot...

I have to get 3" exhaust system for my ride...and think this is the route I am gonna go.....guess I could be the guinea pig on this....

I am gonna V-Band my exhaust to my downpipe too :)

6. FSTMRFR

well, I guess having a couple of cheap spares around, just incase is not a bad option....but I gotcha man...thx for the heads up...