1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Here we go

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Whiskey, May 25, 2012.

1. Whiskey

Dropped of my 2V Mustang yesterday to start with the turbo install! Man I'm so psyched about this. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning lol. Going with a blow through set-up Hellion kit with a 76mm Precision. Was a tough decision and a long one at that. Trying to decide whether to go with twins or a single or front or rear mounted. I feel like I made a good choice and anxious to get it to the track.

2. NewSchool

Re: Here we go lol

Get some pics up when it gets going.

3. Whiskey

Re: Here we go lol

Its going to be at least another three more weeks. Bassani is swamped with orders (from what I am told) and Hellion will not see the pipes for another three weeks. They are sending out what they could and my mechanic is doing what he can to prep everything once the pipes get here.

4. Whiskey

Still waiting on parts from Hellion but the turbo unit did show up a few weeks ago.

5. BlownShovel

Start with the before pics and go from there ;)

6. Whiskey

Sounds good to me lol. Here are some before pics.....

7. Whiskey

8. Whiskey

9. Whiskey

10. Whiskey

A little update:

The rest of the pipes came in this week, so hopefully within a week or two it will be back on the road.

11. Whiskey

Almost finished. Brought some of the cold piping to be modified for the blow through. After thats done I'm gonna clean the insides of the piping to make sure no loose particals are there. I need to send back the by-pass all because it was sent with an aluminum nipple, cant weld aluminum to steel lol. I ordered another one so it should be here this week. Here are some pic that I was sent of the progress.

[img]

[img]

12. Whiskey

[img]

[img]

13. Whiskey

I'm hoping to at bring it to one or two shows this year before the season is out and at least one trip to the track.

14. Whiskey

Hopfully next weekend (knock on wood) it should be completed and then off to the tuner.

15. TWNWHR

I see youre from CT, whos doing the work for you?

16. Whiskey

A mechanic who is very good with the modular engines out of Wallingford CT. I'm going to make a new thread soon on this because I drove it home this weekend. I still need to get a hold of the tuner. He sent the tune to get it running and I replied back to him for a date but no reply from him yet.

17. Whiskey