1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

From Nitrous 408" to 88MM 327"

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by jigsaw, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jigsaw

From Nitrous 408" to 88MM 327"

I've owned this car since 02 and always had nitrous combos , I started two different turbo combos but half way through things came up and I offed everything went back to what I knew. So my last combo was for outlaw 8.5 was a 408" brodix track1s with a plate ran best of 5.57@129..

[​IMG]#ad

I decided to make the car street-able again so I sold that motor and picked up a boss block 327" motor,has fully ported AFR205s,T&D Shaft mounts and a baby solid roller ,super victor ,Probe 4340 rotator.

[​IMG]#ad

I started on the hot side with a set of bbk 1 5/8 shorty's and 2 1/2 u-bends and took on the challenge of building my first hotside, I'm sure it could be better but its my first and seems to be working ok.

[​IMG]#ad

Bought a merge because I didn't want to attempt that

[​IMG]#ad

I thought I had more pics of building the crossover but I guess not,just the final product

[​IMG]#ad

I made a 3/16 moly bracket off the head to mount the turbo in the location I wanted and doesn't seem to be a popular place to put the turbo.

[​IMG]#ad

I got a garret GT47-88 on a smokin deal through a friend

Made the downpipe out of 4" aluminum

[​IMG]#ad

Since the boys at The Carb Shop did such a great job on our blower car I called them up and had them build me a dual needle and seat big bowl E85 carb,turned out awesome!!

[​IMG]#ad

3 1/2" charge pipe with the big boy Vortech blow-off valve,I couldn't get tig welding aluminum down so I had my buddy do it for me,lol

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

No room up front so I mounted the trans-cooler in the rear, I think im going to move my radiator back there also not sure yet.

[​IMG]#ad

I still need to mount my waste gate HKS GT2 60mm and install a boost controller, I did take it for a test drive and it makes some pretty good steam! not sure on boost because it maxed my gauge out,I got a 30lb gauge for it but have decided to wait tell this weekend to try it again since I want to put the wastegate on before I hurt something

Here is how it sat before on 26s on the nossb
    [​IMG]#ad