1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fox,Wolf Mini, 9",Coil Overs.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by H.P.Ranch, Mar 31, 2016.

1. H.P.Ranch

Fox body notch installed wolfe mini tubes narrowed 9" housing and i'm wanting to leave the spare tire well alone and not cut a section of it out. Also wanting to run the strange coil overs on rear side of housing anyone with pics like this? Looks like i'm also going to have to move lowers in at the rear which will straighten the bars front to rear anyone have any problems doing this without installing a panhard bar? Haven't installed any brackets on rear housing yet. Stock tank also. Pics are very nice.

2. Hemann

You are wanting to run the coil overs inside the frame?

3. H.P.Ranch

Yes inside, I cut upper shock mounts out when installing mini tubes. May have to run half moon tubing around spare tire from side to side, come off fram rail 4 inches straight then bend around spare tire then straight for 4 inches connect to other frame rail. Make upper mounts on the 4 inch straight pieces.

4. Hemann

I think you are going to have to modify the tank mount. The shocks are usually mounted straight up and down. The mounts going on the rear end housing usually are right below the gas tank strap mounts.

I am in the process of trying something like this but am cutting into the spare tire area for the top shock mount.

5. H.P.Ranch

I need to hold the housing up there and see, my housing is 45" from end to end. I wonder by moving the lowers in is it going to cause a problem by putting all the locating on the top bars? I would drather have the lowers straight front to rear anyway.

6. Hemann

7. H.P.Ranch

That's in addition to the uppers. I've got to make lower and upper brackets for the 9" also the lower bars along with shock brackets for housing.

8. H.P.Ranch

Got my upper bars made with 3/4 heims at both ends also fabbed up lower brakets and spot welded to housing. Slow going.

9. H.P.Ranch

What are peoples upper and lower bar angles at ride height? I'm using a digital angle finder, put angle finder under rocker panel then on upper and lower bars at ride height add or subtract angle of rocker panel. Brackets on rear uppers are higher than 8.8 because 9" housing is taller. I see they make adjustable rear uppers so I made mine adjustable with 3 mounting holes 3/4" apart, I will have to see what my bottom hole to center of axle measures and go from there.

10. H.P.Ranch

Checked bar angles at ride height today lowers are 5* up in front and uppers are .5* up in front. Tried 315/60/15 rubs in front and rear fender at bottom.

11. H.P.Ranch

For those wanting to install 9" in fox body it will fit and articulate without removing spare tire well, installed coilovers inside frame and on backside of housing. Little close on drivers side between spare tire and frame but will fit nicely.

12. Hemann

Can you post some pictures of the shocks mounted?

13. H.P.Ranch

Here is the rear housing will post more pics when installed. IMG_2667.jpg #ad
    IMG_2668.jpg #ad

IMG_2667.jpg #ad

IMG_2668.jpg #ad

14. H.P.Ranch

15. H.P.Ranch

315-60-15 vs. 275-60-15: IMG_2684.jpg #ad
    IMG_2683.jpg #ad
    IMG_2686.jpg #ad
    IMG_2685.jpg #ad

IMG_2684.jpg #ad

IMG_2683.jpg #ad

IMG_2686.jpg #ad

IMG_2685.jpg #ad

16. H.P.Ranch

IMG_0474.jpg #ad
    Finally got brakes an axles in. May put 2 450's in fox tank if not enough then 3. IMG_0472.jpg #ad
    IMG_0471.jpg #ad

IMG_0474.jpg #ad

IMG_0472.jpg #ad

IMG_0471.jpg #ad

17. H.P.Ranch

IMG_0644.jpg #ad
    IMG_0562.jpg #ad
    IMG_0569.jpg #ad

Ended up with 15x10 with 3.5bs with the 275 pro's. 1 450lph pump with 8an feed and 8an return.

IMG_0644.jpg #ad

IMG_0562.jpg #ad

IMG_0569.jpg #ad