1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

fox turbo exhaust downpipe purchase

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 86lx, Jan 3, 2020.

1. 86lx

I have looked everywhere. cannot find a fox mustang, single turbo, downpipe alone. does anyone have a clue?? thanks

2. Mnlx

For what kit? Not really a universal piece.

3. 86lx

e bay kit. world or something. the on3 has a complete exhaust side kit for $500 or something crazy. I can fab the x pipe pieces, but the down pipe is a bear. I see a pic, and I can get it done at a muffler shop, but that's a pain. I gotta run it over there for one, without the cops nailing me. I have checked all over and searched til I'm crazy. anything you can suggest would be helpful

4. Mnlx

You really only have a couple options.
    1. Figure out who builds the kit, and source one from them. Many times, different sellers on ebay sell the same kit, but it's kinda a crap shoot.
    2. (best option) Build one, or have one built, then you're guaranteed it'll fit.

5. 91turboterror

Why an x pipe on a single turbo? You’d have to use a y pipe. Like mentioned before fab your own

6. 86lx

7. 86lx

just cut the x pipe. will have to fab a y pipe out of otc parts to connect to the dr gas x pipe ends. the down pipe is another story

8. 86lx

That's what I did

20200121_164350.jpg #ad

9. 91turboterror

I don’t know if using the x pipe like you did is gonna give you any kind of performance benefit. Possibly sound a little different.

10. 86lx

wasn't really looking for any performance benefit. just trying to get the hot side buttoned up. got the downpipe fabbed too. had to put in 2 pieces. 3" pipe barely fit