1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fox body under dash wiring/under hood, what can be removed?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by yellowpony, May 24, 2013.

1. yellowpony

Guys, my car is in need of some wiring upgrades/attention. Aside from the headlights/turn signals and interior light/wiper motor, the only thing I have to power on the car is the electric water pump and electric fans/ecu/fuel pump but they have their own source of power. Of the wires under the hood including the ones on the starter relay, what under the dash can be removed short of the car not starting? None of the stock gauges work, will be putting the tslcd in dash shortly. Does anyone have any pictures of what they removed and what they didn't? Thanks for any help guys, i am not good at wiring!

Also the fuel lid/trunk latch/windows and locks still work.

Anthony

2. Disney Lincoln

This is just mostly trial/error and wire chasing. I couldn't begin to list all the stuff that can come out because it's just so freakin much. Airbag, Brake, Clutch switch, HVAC controls, radio wiring, power lock/windows, Defrost, Emmissions crap, Horn, relays that control relays that control a lumbar bolster... It's a ton of shit and takes some time with a test light and wire snips.

3. yellowpony

Thanks! Guess I better get the test light out.

Anthony

4. ewoogy

I was going to do the same because of all the extra wires you don't need but when I started looking it was a LOT of damn work! Good luck and take pics and update with what you cut out

Eric

5. BYBYLS1

I just ripped all of my factory shit out and bought a ARC 8000 switch panel and relay/fuse center. I didn't want to deal with wiring anymore that is exactly 25 years old this year

6. Calypsocoupe

Can be intimidating I'm doing it right now