1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

fox body roll cage question

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by matt5liter, Nov 23, 2006.

1. matt5liter

hey guys i am adding onto the cage in my car i am making it a 8 point and i am going to have 2 tubes go through the speaker grills in the dash. it is in a 88 mustang hatch and i was wondering what ppl do to get around the heater piping do they cut it or what do they do. i have seen alot of cages put in on the net and that but never mentioned nothing about having clearence issues thanks

matt

2. Enginerd

I have the front bars going thru the speaker holes and had to remove the vent tube on the drivers side. Might have done the pass side too, but can't remember. I know I was able to leave the heater core in place.

Rob

3. pudster1

4. turbo418

Have to remove the vent tubes but can leave the heater box with no cutting. WolfRacecraft makes a front half kit that will clear the heater box.

5. onefst86gt

The first cage in my car went through the speaker holes with removing the heater tubes. The passengers side was sent through the kick panel where the computer was originally to keep the heater box and the computer was relocated to the floor. There was a dummy floor built over the computer and then the carpet went over. If you didn't know it was there then it looked stock.

6. jeremy mifflin

heat is over rated.......dead weight get rid of it and dont look back