1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

can anyone tell me what turbo this is?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 93STANG, Oct 15, 2007.

1. 93STANG

need help figuring out what turbo this is and what kinda power it can support.I know its a borg warner s???

2. turbo66

Judging from the tag it's a Schwitzer...

3. 65ShelbyClone

:stroke:

Yeah, anyway.....It looks like an S400. I can't tell by the precision tape measure whether it's a 71 or 75mm inducer, but Borg Warner has compressor maps freely available.

4. 93STANG

I was told it was an s410 from where I got it.It is supposed to support 1500 hp.the inducer is 85mm when accurately measured.

5. 93STANG

thanks Dave.can this thing be modified for more power or am I just better of with a different turbo?

6. svooh

Well said Dave. It's the same old story of "yea, it is a turbo and it would probably work...but it's not optimized for your combo."

7. 93STANG

Dave,the turbine housing is a 1.32 and my combo is an 18* 390 sbc.Do you think thats enough engine to keep the turbine housing and move up to a 92mm comp wheel? I will be runnin the drag radial stuff.