1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ford slot-style MAF- Can it be used pre-intercooler???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SVTboy, Feb 17, 2010.

1. SVTboy

Im wanting to find out if a Ford slot-style MAF meter can withstand the extreme temps of non intercooled air. I am wanting to do a blow through MAF set up using an 03 Cobra stock lower intake/procharger hat with a single 76. Just curious how much heat these sensors can take before they melt/misfunction..

If anyone has any experience or information on the subject please post up, thanks...

2. 86lxnotch

if possible put the maf close to the t/b and make sure you wire your iat sensor in the lower manifold so you get a correct temp reading

3. SVTboy

The temp sensor in the lower manifold is after the cooler. I guess the question I should have asked is what are typical discharge temps out of the compressor??