1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ford injectors in chevy 4.8

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by blackrat48, Feb 11, 2015.

1. blackrat48

Ok this may have already been covered but ive searched this for days...
    I have a 4.8(06 gmc sierra) with turbo i have the ford racing-m9593-g302 injectors all the flow rates and data that i can find is on fords 39.15 psi fuel press.
    I know nothing about calibrating a computer but the tuner(he has quite a bit of experience) didnt seem to know anything about what im trying to do...my questions are

Has anyone used this injector in 4.8 5.3 or 6.0 truck engine?

Are they easy moderate or difficult to tune?

And if theres a site or place i can look up injector data/flw rates at 4 bar gm pressure just to help him get started

And if im asking stupid questions? Lol

Thanks

2. blackrat48

Ps he will be using hp tuners

3. blackrat48

Nobody?

4. racerron67

what color is the top of the injector. or what size are they.

5. ducatibrian

That is only around 52lb injectors at 45 psi, no sweat to tune, probably not seen often on ls applications not that it really matters.
    Might be smallish depending on the combination and power you are looking for.

6. blackrat48

i wanna say tops got an orange band
    and they are 47lb/hr on 39.5 psi fuel press they are also a little longer than stockers but i made spacers for the rails and i have ev14 adapters...
    id honestly be overjoyed to put down 450 at the rear wheels..
    starting tune on 7psi... could go up if fuel allows... thanks for replying

7. ducatibrian

What fuel?

8. blackrat48

Gonna try 91/pump and see how it does this will be a street build prolly wont see much track time at all...
    I live in oklahoma its near impossible to find anything better than 91 octane

9. ducatibrian

Gotcha, plenty to get you started

10. Jeremy

They will simply support more power and flow more on a higher base pressure.

11. blackrat48

id also like to add that i installed them with no tune and the truck wouldnt start... it would only spudder...

12. blackrat48

Well he got em dialed in... Runs smooth..and at 10psi they are just at 50% duty cycle..and hauls ass! Thanks fellers...

13. ducatibrian

Great to hear!