1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuning MS on 93 with my motor...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Crawlin5.0, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Crawlin5.0

So I've got a Fully forged 306 with about 8.5:1 compression. Fully race-ported Windsor senior heads, t76 turbo with a front-mount, msd 6AL.(Running a victor jr. carb intake tapped forinjectors and a 90* plenum with a throttlebody. Megasquirt for efi)

Basicall I'm wondering where a good starting point would be for my timing and if I should use the boost retard control that MSD makes. Also, what do you think is about the most power I can make on 93 octane with this motor?

I've searched around a bit to get an idea but this is a question that can't really be answered by other topics just cause all motor aren't the same.

2. red355

if your using the megasquirt why not use it for your timing control ?

3. Anthony Fury

What Red said - what MS board do you have? MSI or II? If it's a I, upload the latest and most stable Megasquirt & Spark Extra (or MS&S-e....check msefi.com for the latest version) and use the TFI control. The MSD makes it easy to wire and implement (no breadboard required). MSII + MSD is even easier, as I understand (not an MSII expert).

Not a mustang guy, either, but odds are you'll split the block (factory?) before you run out of turbo.........