1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

frame mounted efi pump

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by barracudadude, Aug 22, 2006.

1. barracudadude

i'll try this thread in here........anyone know of an application for a factory replacement EXTERNAL efi pump, frame mounted, like off of a truck or so....what year, make ,model? this will be used, along with a back up, for a unlimited jeepspeed desert racer with a built 2.5 four popper. i figure if they were ment to last 100k in a stock truck, they'll work well enough for a 400 mile off road race, and fuel flow requirements are nothing like that of a boosted motor-i'm talkin like 175-200 horse n/a. thanks.

2. Grape Ape

Accel part # 74701 is a universal frame mount Bosch pump. Good for engines up to about 350 hp or so and reliable enough for a daily driver.

3. Lincs 84 351

Any F-150, Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, LTD or Mustang from 1984-around 86 will have the bracket you need to mount it.
    Something that old would need to have a more fresh pump installed but it would get you started.

I have one sitting in my garage if you need pics