1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ford 5.3L big bore stroker shortblock

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by F8LVENM, May 27, 2016.

1. F8LVENM

Is anyone running the ford 5.3L big bore stroker shortblock part number M-6009-B53? I am in the market for a new shortblock and this is looking pretty good to me for the money ($4700 from Autonation Ford). The extra cubes and the just over 10:1 compression with the Cobra heads will also go along way towards spooling the single 76mm turbo I plan to go with.

Just curious if anyone here has experience with it or knows someone who has, and what they thought or think of it. Keep in mind this is specifically for the Ford part number M-6009-B53 shortblock.

Here it is: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6009-B53

Thanks,
    Ken

2. saltfever

No experience with that block but I just can't get excited about putting good money into a cast iron block when there are so many good aluminum block alternatives.

3. yoteehunter

I have put together a modular boss 5.0 big bore block with a 5.0l stroker kit lol not the same but I haven't got to run it yet. Damn oil field tanked and no damn jobs here. I'm just waiting to get it finished.