1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

For those of you that thought about doing business with PRO-M

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by turbostang, Apr 22, 2004.

1. turbostang

I must say that I have NEVER received any customer service like I did with PRO M. I sent my MAF in OVERNIGHT freight leaving here on Monday. I followed up with a call the next day to John and asked if it could be checked out and sent back the same way. I specified that I wanted to race on Friday .. He said "I'll see what I can do" ...
    I called today (thursday) to get a price on shipping and whatnot... and this time talked to a different person.. (forgot name) He proceeded to snicker and tell me that my MAF would cost "six figures" to get back.. LOL.
    ... he went on to say that there was no charge...I had fully expected to pay something .....
    ......as I hung up the phone with him (literally) - ding dong. There is FedEx with my MAF.. sure enough - No charge.

To sum it all up. I highly recommend doing business with Pro M to anyone that is considering using any of their products.

2. Enginerd

I had a similar experience 2 years ago. Bought a mass air from JMS that was supposed to be new. The unit looked used with the calibration # scratched off and no flow sheet. Called Pro-M about it and they said to send it in. Pro-M put in new electronics, flowed it, and gave me a new flow sheet all at no charge. Got it back in just a few days too.

Rob

3. rao

Same here - mine came back almost before I sent it :D

4. Barry D.

turbostang, what did you have done to it?

5. Trentk

This is one of the first times I have heard good things about them. Glad you had success.

Trent

6. kwikrnu

I have had no problems at all with their service. Plus free recalibrations for NMRA guys!

7. turbostang

It got FRIED somehow...[cough]... I just had it fixed although I have no idea what they did with it.. it just came with a new flow sheet..

8. Turbostangman

I deal with Pro-M constantly on re-cal's and have yet to be charged for return shipping or the re-cal's themselves. If anyone has a problem with them it is beyond me how......:shrug:

9. davidl340

They reacal-ed mine, they found a problem with it, so no charge, the problem I think caused me to lift a head, but they seemed to have pretty decent service to me.

10. ShaneH

Over the last 2-3 years, I heard nothing but complaints about ProM. But every time I sent something to them, bought something, etc. I got great service. I hate to say this, but I sent a meter to them to test because I thought it was bad. Damnit, if we didn't find out I had installed it backwards! They didn't charge me a dime to test it or return shipping.

11. twinturbostang

I thought that meter recals were $100. How are you guys getting it for free?

12. yellow5.0cobra

I think $100 for a meter re-cal is REDICULOUS and HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

IT takes LESS than 5minutes.

13. ShaneH

Highway robbery? How long would it take you to build the necessary equipment and test enough times to know what the curve should be? $100 is well worth that in my opinion.

14. yellow5.0cobra

I would say $50 is more than enough, and very nicely priced.

They dont only use those equipment for re-cal ONLY, but to CALIBRATE the MAF's they SELL.

So in turn, they made their money on the calibrating equipment.

15. Snipe656

How much is a new Bullet Pro-M, like $300? If so then it costs a 1/3rd of the meter to recalibrate it?

16. yellow5.0cobra

How much a 75mm bullit?

$210. METAL
    $180. Plastic

OVER 1/2 the price to re-cal if you need to in the future.

17. Snipe656

Ok, so you are better off selling the thing and buying a new one with a new calibration than recalibrating.

18. yellow5.0cobra

Exactly, but not everyone is made out of money.

19. turbostang

I dont know about you guys.. but a UNIVER is much more expensive and probably worth it to get it recal'd.

20. Clem Eastwood

they were nice to you because they wanted some roofing done :taunt: