1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Auxillary external fuel pump?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 67satellite, Oct 26, 2019.

1. 67satellite

I am switching from a blow through carb. to a Sniper Xflow (550-544) on E-85. Running a 470 c.i. Mopar with two 69m.m. ebay turbos at 15-17 p.s.i. max.Steve Morris racing will install an E-85 base tune before shipping. I have an Aeromotive A1000 pump with -08 supply and return lines and a -10 from cell to pump. The A1000 will be marginal on supply with E-85 at the projected power levels.I want to add a smaller second pump in parallel as the "drive around" pump and trigger the A1000 under boost. What would be a good choice for this smaller pump? Looking around and 340 LPH pumps are available with fittings anywhere from no name $30 to $153 A.E.M. . Don't want a cheap knockoff if it won't survive and do the job. Suggestions.

2. B E N

Genuine walbro 450 is something like $135, they tend to be pretty reliable.

3. 67satellite

Thanks. Never been in the market for one of these ,and didn't want to end up with a piece of shiny anodized crap.