1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help Tuning Carb at cruise and idle

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by BlkStang89, May 7, 2013.

1. BlkStang89

Been running my carb from Brent and I am pretty happy with it. The only problem I have is just the A/F while cruising and at an idle. At an idle the car is at about 10.5 A/f with the airbleeds just barely opened at all and ive tried messing around with a couple other things and just cant seem to get it right and also when im just driving around at 60 mph my A/F gauge is buried at 10.0 or 10.1. I do alot of street driving and would like to get the A/F ratio where it should be but i have been having a tough time doing it so i figured id throw a thread up to see if I could get some help..

thanks guys,
    Matt

2. Ssmonte408

What base fuel pressure are you running? have you ran the carb with the hat off? Your needle and seat may be leaking to cause that rich of an idle, that would also mess with your cruise afr. what jets are in it? If I remember right he shipped my blocks with 75 jets all the way around, if you haven't messed with it i would start dropping main jet size to get your cruise afr down.

3. BlkStang89

Fuel pressure at 7 psi. Never ran with the hat off. And yeah believe mine are all 75 jets all the way around

4. blown385

I agree , try jetting down . I'm at 68 /68

How are the idle screws set ? Transition slot ?

5. BlkStang89

i will have to order some more jets. Idle screws the only way i can lean out idle is if i have idle screws basically completely closed so keep it lean at an idle and i will have to double check my tranition slot and make sure they are ok.. I will prob be taking carb off this weekend to take a look at a couple things and double check my jetting size

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

Taking off the hat and taking a look at where the fuel is coming from is a good start.

Have you confirmed the wideband readings by checking plugs? It should burn your eyes out of your head that rich at idle .

7. BlkStang89

Yeah checked plugs and yeah burns ur eyes at an idle especially when it's running in my garage