1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1968 camaro with BBC wanting turbo

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by chriscrna, Jul 2, 2006.

1. chriscrna

I have a 68 camaro with a 555 BBC from ohio crank making 675 hp at 5600 RPM with a hydraulic roller at 9.2/1 CR. Was built to run forced induction and was wondering if anyone already has a nice kit for the older camaro. Was also trying to get input on what type size of turbo I would need to run as I will only push 8psi max on th ething because itr want to keep it totally streetable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. 35spline

I have been wanting to do the same thing with my 68 Camaro 540 BBC. I don't think you will find a kit for that set up. I have already excepted the fact that I will have to fab everything from top to bottom. Hope you get some good feedback on your question.

3. BlownShovel

If you really want it in 'kit form' It will cost ya as a shop will basically custom build it for you. Only boosted app that is a 'bolt on' to your combo will be a Supercharger....and they'll get the job done as well with much less install effort. If you have tools and fab skills you can build your own turbo setup...if not the custom turbo or supercharger setup will cost you some $$$

Walt

4. 1980TA

Don't be scared to try it a camao has all kinds of room yourprobably like most of us ad do your own work anyway and if so iam sure you can fab something up.I have a bbc in my ta and I am also going to turbo it,will keep you posted on my progress, think I am going with twin gt45s