1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Sloppy Mechanics 4.8 base tune???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Streetshenanigans, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Streetshenanigans

Quick question for everyone. So I didn't get any injector data with my siemens deka 80s (shame on me, didn't know better) and it seems like everyone says the info on the Banish dvd is off for a 4.8 with 80s anyway. That being said, has anyone tried to use the 4.8 Turbo w/ 80's HpTuners tune that is on the SloppyMechanics Wiki? I really don't want to buy a $250 dvd just to get some info that is kind of in the ballpark. If this tune already has reasonable data and is a solid place to start tuning from I'd like to do that. I'm a huge newb with HpTuners so I could use a foot up here. Thanks in advance!

2. boondaba

Sloppy (known as Denmah) has the BEST base tunes you could as for. Actually, his tunes can sometime be loaded and run with NO tuning needed!!! Thats how good they are.

3. Streetshenanigans

Oh I know who he is, I just haven't seen anyone really talk about using that tune. And the injector data in there is different than other tunes that I see with those injectors. I assume it is from him tuning around big injectors and a small motor

4. NUTTY CUTTY

I need one for my sloppy build also.

stock 4.8
    80s
    76mm
    93 pump and Meth injection
    GM computer P01