1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

first pass with bbc and s475

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by joes69, Apr 18, 2015.

1. joes69

https://www.facebook.com/joe.quinlisk/videos/10205619931010403/?fref=nf

this is my first pass in with my bbc 475.I basically built it stock with a bg s475 turbo.i did use a summit hydraulic camshaft with a 114 lobe sereration and alittle over 500 lift.Its a 73 style 454 with the 781 oval port stye heads.It was at 10psi and the track was still pretty cold so in the vid you can hear the tires screeching most of the way down..i turned it up to 12-13 pounds but it track wouldn't hold it..I think when it gets alittle warmer around here it will hold more boost..Im running a 3.50 gear so set up for the 1/4..it went a 6.47 at 111 with a spinning 1.55 60

2. tbird

nICE!!

3. BlownShovel

Well done Joe - Getting the job done with a bunch of stock parts. What is the weight of the car? what track was that?

4. joes69

the track is bunker hill..The car weighs 2920 with me in it..Im looking forward to going again when things heat up and I can try 3 more pounds of boost.They did alittle work on the starting line but after the line it was pretty slick...It will get better as the season progresses...Thanks to everyone on here for their help I have asked a lot of questions and got a lot of help from members on here