1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

First build.. Thoughts and opinion please

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Scamaro, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Scamaro

The car is a 92 camaro. Engine is 355ci 4bolt main arp studded. Scat steel crank, lunati 4340 5.7 pro mod rods, forged pistons 9.2:1 compression,akerly&childs extreme psi rings. Set at .020 and .022. The cam is comp xfi280 230/236 .576/.570 on a 114 lobe seperation. Heads are dart 200cc iron eagle platinum. Arp studs and cometic gaskets. Stealthram efi 80Lb injectors. 4l80e trans. I have the intercooler and piping. Fuel system is gonna be dual in tank walbro 255's with -8 pressure and -6 return. Bassically im down to finding a set of turbo headers building my hot side. And the big thing... DECIDING ON A TURBO.. Its gonna be in the battery area. Im thinking either the borg warner s475 or s480. Im open to all opinions and options.

2. BADASS355CIZ28

A nice gt45 with either the 76mm or 80 mm compressor would do well. Im running the 76 mm version.....almost ready to start tuning the car this weekend after fixing some minor bugs. I got mine from one of the turbo vendors on here. or you cam go to www.cxracing.co these turbos support 8-900 hp

3. Scamaro

I ended up going with a BW S480 billet with the race cover. But thanks:thumbsup:

4. Turbo-Box

What's with all the 3rd gen F-body builds popping up on here lately?

5. Scamaro

I dunno, ppl are getting smarter!?! Lol