1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finishing up my B head short runner intake.

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Mar 20, 2008.

1. yoteehunter

This intake was once burned. Ive been porting on it and cleaning it up. The inside is almost done and then its off to the powder coater. Runner length was questionable but when in doubt I went longish. We will see what she does. Heres a few pics. I also need to finish the inside of the tank before I glue in the runners and powdercoat. The inside of the runners and tank ports are finished same as runners.

4.6 cobra 003.JPG #ad

4.6 cobra 007.JPG #ad

DSCF0262.JPG #ad

DSCF0330.JPG #ad

DSCF0331.JPG #ad

DSCF0333.JPG #ad

2. 8 SEC SVT

Looking good

3. NitrousEdge

Nice work!

4. typhoon43

Impressive!

5. Turbo98

Looks good. How much did you end up cutting off? 1 1/2"?

6. 99TTGT

The one that I made, I deleted the tubes and welded a plate with holes for the runners.
    I was nice at the track ,but on the street it suck!

7. yoteehunter

2" or so

8. Turbo98

Sounds good. That's what I have cut off mine. Should see how it works shortly.

9. Coupelx

how does air get into the runners :stupid:

10. yoteehunter

Comes in the upper, drops down in the tank and then gets sucked or blown into the runner, here this pic shows it pretty well.

DSCF0243.JPG #ad

11. boosted393

How did you remove the runners aren't they glued in or some thing? Also how do you plain to stick them back?

12. yoteehunter

Yes they are glued in. To get them out you simply heat them with a torch and melt the epoxy. To glue them back in you just get an epoxy kit from west systems and glue it all back together.

13. boosted393

Never realized the runners were as close to the bottom as they were.

14. lemons

im not fond of the cobra intakes. if you ask me the runners have WAYYY too much volume. they would have been better off running runners for each port. b.c now when the imrc plates are closed you're breathing from one port that is too big. granted it still works pretty good, just not ideal.

basically im saying to keep the air speed up as much as possible for twin ports or you will loose power.

project looks good tho!