1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FINALLY!!!!Went some 5's with a stock S-400 in a 3400lb. sled!!

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by quick79, Jul 22, 2007.

1. quick79

We went to Huntsville last night and the night started off a little crazy but it ended perfect. We started off with the rear suspension out of whack! We changed to a set of QA-1 rear coil over springs in the stock location and they where 14" 130 lb. springs. After making several passes and the car turning left and moving all over the racetrack, we kept adjusting the car and finally got it going straight. I would like to thank Dusty Bradford for all of his suspension tuning and setup tuning last night. We have always been nitrous boys and are learning this turbo stuff as we go. He was there and helped all night! What a guy! Never would accept anything in return except for "I might need your help one day". I really apreciate all of his hard work and all the guys at Stinson racing for getting the car ready and getting it to the racetrack. Back to the subject at hand! We started making changes and started trying to put more power to the ground with timing and boost. The car liked the timing. We atill have a 6-AL box and a BTM box to pull timing out. So we don't have anyway to put timing back in down track. We basically figured out that from one pass to the next when we turned the set screw down on the gate that the car still didn't make more than 17 lbs of boost and the IAT's went up 60*. Basically the turbo was done at that point and backpressure went through the roof. I went from IAT's of 170* to 221*. We finally went a couple of 5's and man that is what I wanted to do last night. I am very impressed with this turbo for the money and happy with the results of the whole combo. Not bad for a 3413lb sled! I don't have the video yet and it is killing me to post it, but hopefully I will have it on Monday. Thanks to all who have help me out! Here is a copy of the 2 5 second passes we made last night. Be sure to check back for video!

timeslips.jpg #ad

2. boosted88coupe

man that car hooks... 1.3 60ft... and the mile an hour was right on too... dude that is one badass car... wish we had someone like you show up at our local track and out run these chassis cars... that's insane.
    brandon :2thumbs:

3. Jason

Congrats Cory, it was just a matter of time. Actually just finding a decent track. You have definately come a long way since the first pass huh! Way to iron out those little gremlins! What's the new goal?

Later,
    Jason

4. DaOnE51T

Congrats.......Lets see them videos!!!!