1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally running!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Scrapiron, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Scrapiron

ive asked a few questions and have gotten great support here. Looking for some more timing info. Sbc blow thru on E85 non intercooled at 10.25-1 compression. I have the distributor locked at 22 deg now and no issues on the plug. Showing that It needs more timing and wanting to use the msd 6530 to pull timing per lb of boost. Thinking of locking the dist at 34deg and pulling 1deg per lb? Only running 10psi now. How does this plan sound?

2. 5.0thunder

That's probably safe on e85 but I would start with 1.5-2° per lb for the first few pulls to make sure nothing weird happens. Then just turn the knob after a plug read or something