1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally made it to the track 10/30/09

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by dodge turbo, Oct 31, 2009.

1. dodge turbo

Well was trying to get it in the 10's on 8psi and pump fuel, but wasnt happening because the track so shittly prepped. And i only made 3 passes from 4-10pm, needless to say it was a waste of money and i was a lil mad...but it did make the most mile per hour it has ever had...i havent changed anything on the truck besides put adjustable ranchos on the rear, and still has a huge header leak on the passenger because the flange on the head is warped.

It was kinda of funny to on my last pass because me and a good friend of mine had a little grudge race(kinda accidently got lined up against each other) and i beat him :chacha:.....its been a competition since we were in high school when he had a 70 mach 1 with a cleveland in it and i had a 70 340 swinger (we were the only ones driving old ass cars like that too) im almost 30 so that puts that in perspective
    His combo: 93 Lighting, 427 windsor based small blk, 14:1, AFr heads/ carbed/ turbo 400 w/transbrake/w tire/ and he races in NMRA truck series almost every other weekend so he has that over me

Pass #1@6:17pm Pass#2 Pass#3@10:04pm Friends pass against me on the third pass
    60ft 2.1064 60ft 1.904 60ft 1.711 60ft 1.590
    1/8th 7.841 1/8th 7.455 1/8th 7.197 1/8th 7.220
    Mph 98.13 mph 98.81 mph 98.74 mph 94.88
    1/4 11.829 1/4 11.447 1/4 11.211 1/4 11.366
    Mph 123.56 mph 122.81 mph 124.68 mph 118.06
    temp 87F temp 88F

8psi
    24degrees locked timing
    BFG 275 drag radials
    93 oct Citgo Pump fuel
    On the foot brake around 2800rpm (no 2 step)...0 boost because of a front brake issue pushing the truck through the beams

Ohhh and i weighed it last night too.......with me in it, it was bouncing from 3720-3760 on scale(i weigh 200lbs).....the scale is a tractor trailer scale for the cement plant next door to the track (track owners plant)

2. CW25

Nice. That MPH is hauling.

3. dodge turbo

yea its starting to get scary trying to stop at the end of the track....i havin some front brake issues for some reason right now.....but that was probably goin to be the last time i take it out this year

4. CW25

Mine is bad at 112 never mind 124. Worst thing is that I found s rear disk kit for a dana rear axle right in my area but I just bought a new welder. :bang: So I am low on cash for a bit. Shit like that never comes up for sale around here. I really want to upgrade the brakes cause I was pushing through the beams at 2300 or so.

5. turbo hemi

thats really moving for that truck :2thumbs: and for only 8lbs :D

6. racesloth

Good on you! I love both of your turbo'ed Dodge pick ups - that is hotrodding...

Dodge turbo - do you think that MT Drag radials would add some to your et? They might help you out of the hole a little quicker??

7. dodge turbo

i got slicks for the truck....the drag radials were just on it already and i was in a hurry after work to get to the track...so im sure they would help

The radials normally hook, the track was just prepped shitty.....they had quite a few oil downs so by the time they were finished cleaning up all of those there was no VHT on the track

8. blown385

Thats awesome ! :chacha:

Almost didnt see it ....................... being in the Mopar section .

9. dodge turbo

Thanks......Awesome would have been 15psi/ C16/ and some slicks......but i cant get it to hook now and i think im goin to start breaking things in the rear plus it doesnt want to stop very well at 124 Plus mph.....Stock 8-3/4 posi and 3.23's and axles, my buddy is supposed to be hooking me up with a strange spool though...considering i dont drive it a lot so i can get over the spool thing since its not a dailey driver

And i think they are goin to catch on adventaully when i keep telling them at tech that "i think it will run 12's and it has a 318 in it :angel:" considering it has no cage in it at all

i love watching the runs on your truck that thing flys....and its impressive with a single 80 and a stock block small block.....its fun goin to the track and suprising the hell out of people with a brick that flys you know

10. blown385

LOL ! Sounds like Deja Vu . Mine started with a 700R4 and a 10bolt with a Auburn LS . I think I went through 4 transmissions ( under warranty ) 2 sets of gears for the 10 bolt , and two Auburns . :doh:

When I figured I had spent enough , I decided on a Dana60 and a Trutrac . :D

11. dodge turbo

Its does have a well built 727 trans in it now...that was the first weak link that broke twice and i sucked it up and threw some money into it....i think the next move will be a Dana 60 out of a 3/4 ton dodge and put car ends on the axles which i already have i just need to through some money at it and do the appropriate mods to it

12. CW25

Haha that is the exact rear I have under a 93 3/4 ton I am going to use for parts truck. Moser has ends for 90 plus shipping. They can be had at summit as well. I just bought a welder capable of weling somethin€g that heavy. I would love to do a true track but a spool is much cheaper. Have you measured it out to see if it will be the same width? I still haven't.

13. Anthony Fury

God DAMN man, good job!!! That MFer is cooking for sure!! I wonder if the painted head bolts are helping, HAHA!!! :2thumbs:

Also, awesome to see a win against something as "raced out" as your buddy's truck.

14. dodge turbo

Yea i miss that shit talking idiot on here, he was kinda of fun esp since he goes to the same track and has never came up to me before

And the race was also fun esp when both of all of our friends were there and there was tons of shit talkin, granted it could have went either way because of how the track was. i know his truck runs consistant 11.2-3's and mine has been a .08 on the same setup, so i know there was a good chance i was goin to walk pass him, i just hoped it was goin to be in the 10's but again that pass it unloaded the tires again

15. turboplymouth

Love pullin past somebody around the 1/8th mile ! :chacha:

16. Shaker223

124mph is some steam at that weight!! Way to go!!

17. rdakota340

Heck yea man your truck is getting it done you and your friend was a good race it is all in fun your truck pulls like crazy with that S400. :2thumbs: :chacha:

18. dodge turbo

Ya its always went back and forth between me and him.....good friendly competition you know. We used to team up on many people street racing so its all good fun.

Ya i know that $600 turbo has suprised the shit out of me "thanks Dave for an awesome turbo", i cant wait to throw some real boost at it and throw a Brent Davis carb on it whenever i get a chance to hook up with him and give him my spare carb

19. cudaman1986

Jack Keep us posted on results from carb when Brent gets it done!! :2thumbs:

20. larouchedem

Dodgeturbo,

Good show, esp on a poor track. Cecil?

CW25,

Strange has the ends for $70, and are even a few bucks cheaper if drop shipped through autofabracecars.com

You can also use junkyard ends from an 8.75", although the finish is a tad rough in the factory ends. I have junkyard 8.75" ends and brakes on my 12 bolt chev rear. I smear a little rtv on the bearing o.d. to prevent leaks, as the o-ring on the aftermarket bearings does not seal well on the rough finish in the factory ends.

http://www.strangeengineering.net/catalog/index.html

Dave