1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally made it to the track... 1/8 mile trip

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by mpi_duster, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mpi_duster

I'm rather embarrassed to post this but the car ran a best of 14.2 @98mph, on a stock 5.2 magnum and 7lbs. Right now the biggest issue is a lack of tune.

Coming soon
    -Locker
    -275/60/15 tires
    -Methanol inj. kit
    -Hopefully a tunable ECM....

2. CW25

Re: Finally made it to the track...

How are you adding extra fuel? spark retard?

3. Duner

There's always the "first" time to the track. You will now have a baseline to work from. It's all good!

4. CW25

I thought my truck was pretty good off the line until I bolted slicks on for the first time last year. :doh:

5. furious70

I forget, what do u have for gears and tires now? What was the 60'?
    An ebody with a stock 318 would have probably run in the 17's, so maybe you just need to change your frame of reference? :)

6. dobaturbo

Don't be embarrased, 14's aint bad. keep tuning, I'm sure there is more power to found. :2thumbs:

7. Anthony Fury

Awesome man, keep at it. Every great car has had it's "first outing."

8. dodge turbo

It could be worse...the first outing ususally results in a broken mess of parts

Keep at it, it will get faster :2thumbs:

9. mpi_duster

Sorry haven't been on in a couple days.

Gears are 3.55's and had 26" tall tires.
    12:1 Fmu for fuel
    best 60' time was 2.23

I've since swapped to 275/60R15 and am working on a pursuing some of the other issues. Thanks for the support guys, I'll talk to my buddy and see if his friends got any video of the car running and try to get it up here.

10. furious70

How did it act off the line? That's a little pokier than I would expect for the 60'. What converter do you have?

11. mpi_duster

Running a stock converter, but it wasn't the problem. I was launching a 0" of vacuum and it was all I could to not to break traction out of the hole. 235/60r15's is what i was running without a posi. I've since went to the bigger tires and am trying to get a hold of a trac-lock for the 8.25 in an effort to avoid that problem later.

12. TRNDZ

The racetrack is humbling. Alot of people expect an instant 10 second car, and tune it into the 9s... It rarely works that way. My first time with the turbos netted me a 13.33 . All my buddys gave me crap about having the world's most complicated 13 second car... until I showed them the time slip (13.33@132mph).
    Take one "bug" out of it at a time, the et will drop everytime you go to the track. Good luck :cheers:

13. rdakota340

Well know you have number to go by do some more tunning and try it again you haft to start somewhere like posted above :cheers:

14. mpi_duster

I appreciate all of the support guys and the tuning process is definitely next inline. So we'll see how it goes and I'll keep you all informed. Again thanks for the support.

15. ScottI

I'm still waiting for my first time out, its been to cold.

16. Turbo250ex

Are you from ERMCA? I remember seeing a red 318 duster, the owner had plans for twins. some kind of OBDI 318 setup out of a van was in it at the time.

17. mpi_duster

ya I'm used to go to riddle. I'm out at UCF now. What did you drive or who is this?

18. Turbo250ex

I have a '02 4.7 Jeep GC. Handle is RyanWJ on ermca's forum.

19. mpi_duster

Ohh ok, I've seen you post up on there lately. Hows the club doing? Everyone I've talked to said it's started to slide.

20. Turbo250ex

The club is doing OK under the circumstances. We are in a time of rebuilding our reputation since as you know they were kicked off campus, etc etc. We have a few new regulars, unfortunately the participation at sponsored track nights and the dyno day has been sorta lacking. We did get shirts and stickers made this year. Bill A. and Bill P. did pretty much the best they could with what they had.

Come fall, we have alot of new officers (I was elected treasurer), I'm hoping we change some shit around so we recruit some new members and expand our member base.