1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally got my junk to the track! (With Video!)

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by dizuster, Sep 26, 2012.

1. dizuster

Well... couldn't be happier with my results from the first time out with the car. Had a few issues, but nothing major.

I have the boost controller wiring screwed up, so I couldn't get it to initialize into the launch mode. Hence only running it at 8psi all night.

Also, had a bad connection at the trans brake button that wasted a few passes.

Once I got that fixed, I just kept adding RPM to the starting line, and it kept going quicker and quicker every pass.

It's pulling 1 degree of timing for every pound of boost, and it's only got 30 degree's in it to start. So basically a real conservative 8psi / 22 degree, tune up.

Last pass of the night was the quickest.

60 1.6923
    330 4.5902
    660 [email protected]
    1000 9.1752
    1320 [email protected]

The car is SOOOOOOO easy to drive. With the 2.76 gear, it's in first gear FOREVER. Shifts at 5500 rpm, crosses the stripe at like 5200. As smooth of a 10 second pass as you could ever dream of.

I was really hoping it would dip into the 10's tonight, but I never thought it would do it at such low boost. Can't wait to see what it'll do turned up, and with even more RPM/Boost/Timing on the launch.

I'll get some video posted up for you guys tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone who's helped me along the way on the bullet... couldn't have done it without you guys.

Here is the combo for any of you guys who missed it. Basically a bunch of used junk thrown together in an ol' Mopar.

-All steel, full interior, '62 Plymouth Savoy 4-door (3700lbs with me in it?)
    -8 3/4, with a 2.76 gear and a posi
    -255/60 M/T Drag Radials
    -Old mystery SS style springs with Rancho 9-ways
    -727, 9.5" PTC converter, with a trans brake. ~5000 stall under power
    -360", 9.2:1, bowl ported Iron head '308 castings, 2.02/1.60 valves
    -224/[email protected] cam, .500"/.500" on a 114LSA
    -750HP carb, converted for E85, sitting on an old torquer 340 intake
    -BW S475 (75mm/96mm) turbo, with a 1.32 A/R (non-intercooled)

2. turbo toad

Re: Finally got my junk to the track!

Congratulations i found your build a couple months ago I love the 62 styling what kind of boost controller are you running? I'm hoping to mak down the track in my valiant next week I can't say for sure if it will be ready though
    Keep at it very impressive

3. turboplymouth

Very impressed! 12 psi and more timing will be night and day. Going to the next no e.t.? Thought about going myself.

4. Anthony Fury

That is awesome! :2thumbs: Congrats dude!!!

5. dizuster

Yeah couldn't be happier with everything. It's got an MSD boost controller. I just have the line loc wired wrong to initialize the sequence, no big deal to fix.

I don't know if I'll get the car to the track again this year or not. I am moving to my new house in a week and a half, I'm lucky my wife was nice enough to let me run it yesterday without killing me... lol

Maybe at the end of October I'll try and get it out again... we'll see how everything goes.

6. dizuster

Videos! Isn't even trying to spin yet... can't wait to put some more RPM/Boost to this thing.

&feature=channel&list=UL[/url]

7. JackGTX440

8. HOTMOPR

Awesome!

9. millerman340

Awesome job ! with a hood on it no one would be the wiser that what lurks beneath...

10. NOSLO86

That is what you call a sleeper.