1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally Finished On 3 Performance 4v Single Turbo Car

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by On3performance, Jun 3, 2009.

1. On3performance

Ended up taking me quite a bit longer than I had planned but its all done and Im happy with the end results. We havent made it back to the dyno yet as I just got the car down off the lift but still at 460/435 and 6.5psi, feels good on the street.

Hopefully Ill get back out to the dyno this weekend and finish up the tuning since last time those numbers were not made on full pulls. The fuel pump wasnt keeping up so we were limited. I would like to get up to at least 480-500rwhp and over 450rwtq. Yes I know the stock bottom end will not like that(its had a Novi 2k on it for the last 5 years) but Ill drive most of the time on a lower boost setting to try and keep the car together

Just wanted to share a few photos to show people what there is to come:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

We surely didnt rush much on this project and I cannot wait to get it back out on the streets and to the track.

We will be starting the new project within the next week, its a 90 Notch that we will document the full build as well. Should help to show more details of the install, we will be able to answer more questions and also show with as much visuals as possible.

2. On3performance

Been getting some calls about the setup and just wanted to post up an update. We will be ready to ship kit around September 10. It has taken longer than expected but Im very happy with the way the car turned out and worth the wait

3. jay_rich

Wow clean setup! Looks good!

Jay

4. Windsor396

Do you have any update on the kit and a price range? I pm'd you a couple days ago and you responded quickly thank you.

I am going to sell my baby turbonetics kit for a 2v and purchase a 4v kit from you with at least an mp 70 but probably going with an mp76..

5. On3performance

We are still looking good for that shipping date. I have been putting some miles on the car, gotta love that extra 800rpm on the 4v vs. the 2v motors. I daily a 2002 gt 2v with our kit and so used to shifting at 6k. It doesnt sound like much but the 4v pulls to the end and feels great all the way to redline. There is more than enough room for the 76mm upgrade but really unless you are looking for big power, the 70 with .96 ex housing will get you up to 700 wheel as others have proven.

We had problems with QA1 sending us the wrong parts and I have had the car down doing new control arms, alignment, etc but have it back in business now. Ill try and shoot some video incar this coming week if I get a chance. Weather is less than perfect right now, beginning of the week should be nice though for shooting some new footage.

Also now we are going to offer a high temp coating for the complete hot side and exhaust housing for around $350. Its going to be done on an order basis and takes around 1 week turn around.

6. furchaser

Who does you're tuning and what do they use ?

7. On3performance

dyno tune motorsports and use sct