1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST XFI re-install.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by JohnSpo1, May 19, 2023.

1. JohnSpo1

Since I already have the complete system since NA I plan on reinstalling this in :Bucket List". As everyone already knows FAST support can be very slow so I will ask a question here. I'm installing a Vintage Air system as part of my upgrades. This means mounting areas have become a premium. Does anyone see an issue with mounting the XFi controller in the trunk? This would be convenient as a power source since the battery is there now as well and I'd be able to ground directly to the battery as suggested by FAST. I have the cable length but do not know if any of the sensors are suspect when it comes to EMI.
    Thoughts?

2. B E N

I don't see a problem with it. All of the sensors/wires are subject to EMI, so you will need to work on negating it as best you can. Try to keep some space between the wires, especially anything to do with ignition. Keep wiring away from coils/plugs, and power wires. That's stuff you would normally do anyway, you are just doing it over a longer run. Make sure you have very good, clean grounds.

JohnSpo1 likes this.
  3. JohnSpo1

I was thinking the same thing. IIRC there is only one cables that is shielded, that would be my main concern but I've worked on shielding aircraft electronic wiring for years so I am not too concerned.
    The XFI ecu will go in the trunk, the MSD 6A will go on the inner fender. I may possibly fab a bracket that allows me to mount the 6A and the coil on the new AC box on the firewall.